Temporary Power Systems (BS7909)
This bespoke course is for anyone working or intending to work within the entertainment industry, for which knowledge of the requirements of BS7909 is, in most cases, an essential requirement request by companies and event organisers.
Covering electrical installations at festivals, concerts, events, TV studios, stage sets, theatre and other public spaces, the Temporary Power Systems (BS7909) Course will provide an excellent extra revenue stream to your current electrical skill-set.
- Introduction and history behind electrical installations in the entertainment industry
- Standards, legislation and codes of practice
- Management of events
- Earthing and methods of protection
- Design principles and requirements
- Equipment supply and testing
- Generators and other sources of supply
- Operational considerations
- Venue information requirements
- Electrical systems for temporary structures
- Mobile and transportable units
It is expected (though not essential) that you have successfully completed BS7671 Requirements for Electrical Installations (18th Edition) or have existing electrical knowledge prior to undertaking this course.
You must bring the following book with you to class: IET Practitioner’s Guide to Temporary Power Systems – James Eade 2019 ISBN-13: 978-1-78561-432-3
Any resources eg. reference books or equipment needed to complete the course must be brought with you on day 1 of your course. We are unable to provide spare books or equipment.
You’ll need to complete a practical assessment and written exam towards the end of the day in order to gain a certificate of completion from Erudite.
1 DAY – £160 +VAT (£192) inc fees.
Next available course dates
- 1st February 2022
Book online here.
Please contact us regarding the price if you wish to place multiple candidates and/or have onsite training.