EAL Level 2 & 3 Diploma in Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) – Direct Equivalent of C&G 2365
FREE 18th Edition Wiring Regulations and Bridging Unit Included in our EAL Level 3 Diploma
Here to find out how to become a Fully Qualified Electrician? You’re in the right place. If you are looking to train to be an electrician installing in the Domestic, Commercial, Industrial or Agricultural sectors, the Level 2 and Level 3 courses are exactly what you need. (If you’re just looking at becoming a Domestic Installer, take a look at our Domestic Installer course, here.)
Often called the “2365” or “tech cert.” – this is a technical certificate where you can learn the full range of knowledge and practical skills required to become an electrician. You don’t need to be working in the electrical industry in order to take these courses.
After completing the Level 2 and Level 3 courses, most students go straight into employment within the electrical industry as an electrical improver or electrician’s mate. To then become a fully qualified electrician you will need to additionally complete a short bridging unit along with the on-site NVQ and the AM2 competence exam while working in the industry.
We offer our Level 2 and 3 Diploma courses on Weekdays, Weekends, or Evenings, to suit your personal circumstances.
The Steps To Gaining Your NVQ3:
- Take our Level 2 Diploma
- Take our Level 3 Diploma
- Small bridging unit (Included free with our Level 3 Diploma)
- On-site NVQ Practical
- AM2 competence exam
- Fully qualified to work in the Domestic, Commercial, Industrial and Agricultural sectors ✓
So, why should I take this course?
Mainly, this course allows you to get work as an electrician’s mate or improver in the electrical industry – we find many students find work even before they have completed!
Good electricians are always required, and there is currently more electrical work to be done than electricians to do it.
Taking a 2357 apprenticeship is not an option for many, as having skills in place is a big requirement for a lot of employers before considering taking somebody on – our Level 2 and 3 Diploma course will greatly increase your odds on finding employment, and also ensure you are trained to the highest standard, before allowing you to find work as an electrician’s mate or improver, not just an apprentice.
Although we are already a City & Guilds centre (and our Managing Director a City & Guilds Examiner), after careful consideration, we’ve decided to offer our students the EAL Level 2 and Level 3 Diplomas. Although the lesser known awarding body of the two throughout all subjects, EAL are very well known within the electrical industry, so much so that they’ve extensively linked up with the NICEIC.
We also greatly favour the assessment structure of EAL’s Level 2 and 3 Diplomas. In contrast to one big examination being taken at the end of the course, the EAL assessments are taken on an ongoing basis throughout the length of the course. We also use this examination format within our Domestic Installer Course, and find it takes away a lot of the pressure and enables students to confidently focus on each step at a time.
Is this course for me?
Quite simply, if you’re over the age of 16 and wish to become an electrician, regardless of your previous knowledge or experience this is the course for you.
The Level 2 and Level 3 Electrotechnical Diploma make up the most complete electrical course on offer, enabling you to learn everything you will need to know to work in the industry, even if you’ve no electrical experience to start with. On completion of our Level 2 and 3 course, you will be able to progress into the industry and complete the NVQ and AM2 whilst you are working.
You may be weighing up the options of taking the Level 2 and 3 Diplomas versus taking a 2357 apprenticeship. Simply, in order to undertake an apprenticeship, you would need to find yourself a job in the first place (hard to do without the sought-after skills or qualifications that employers are looking for). Our course allows you to start from scratch, and continue into industry work.
Both the City & Guilds and EAL Level 2 and 3 Diplomas are interchangeable, meaning that if you’ve already completed the Level 2 with City & Guilds, you’re more than welcome to finish with our EAL Level 3.
This course consists of a mixture of classroom and distance learning – for every hour you study in class, you will be expected to study an hour at home. Some centres teach this entirely at distance, but we believe that classroom-based training and student-lecturer interaction are vital for straight-forward success.
We offer our EAL Level 2 and Level 3 Diplomas in three formats, to fit in around your work and commitments and give you the best chance of succeeding. Both levels, within all formats, are taught as a mix of classroom and distance learning. You can study either level during the weekdays, weekends or evenings, as follows;
Weekday: A total of four weeks classroom-based with three weeks away from the centre BETWEEN each week in. (Course start to finish = 13 weeks.) You will do one week’s worth of distance learning within the three weeks after each week in class.
Weekend: One Saturday in, one Saturday off over a span of 39 weeks. You will do eight hours’ worth of distance learning within the two weeks after each Saturday class.
Evening: One evening in class every week for a total of 40 weeks. Class 6pm – 9pm. You will do three hours’ worth of distance learning within the one week after each evening class.
Kit and Book Lists
You will need to bring certain books and tools along with you for your Level 2 and Level 3 courses – these tools and books will be your livelihood and needed in your everyday work!
Click below to download the relevant Kit and Book Lists. (Do bear in mind that the majority of the Level 2 and Level 3 items overlap and can be reused.)
Level 2 OR Level 3 – £2250+VAT (£2700) inc fees.
Level 2 AND Level 3 – £4100+VAT (£4920) inc fees.
Instalment payment plans available.
Next available course dates
- 7th May – 2nd August 2019 (In centre for classroom work 7th May – 10th May, 3rd June – 7th June, 1st July – 5th July, 29th July – 2nd August)
- 9th September – 6th December 2019 (In centre for classroom work 9th Sept – 13th Sept, 7th Oct – 11th Oct, 4th Nov – 8th Nov, 2nd Dec – 6th Dec)
- Every other Saturday starting 11th Jan 2020 – 28th November 2020 At least five weeks holiday time throughout course
- Every Wednesday evening starting 1st May 2019 – 13th January 2020 At least five weeks holiday time throughout course
- Every Tuesday evening starting 19th November 2019 – 21st September 2020 At least five weeks holiday time throughout course
- 13th May – 9th August 2019 (In centre for classroom work 13th May – 17th May, 10th June – 14th June, 8th July – 12th July, 5th Aug – 9th Aug)
- 2nd September – 29th November 2019 (In centre for classroom work 2nd Sept – 6th Sept, 30th Sept – 4th Oct, 28th Oct – 1st November, 25th Nov – 29th Nov)
- 6th January – 3rd April 2020 (In centre for classroom work 6th Jan – 10th Jan, 3rd Feb – 7th Feb, 2nd March – 6th March, 30th March – 3rd April)
- Every other Saturday starting 16th February 2019. At least five weeks of holiday time throughout course *Full
- Every other Saturday starting 23rd February 2019. At least five weeks of holiday time throughout course.
- Every other Saturday starting 11th January 2020. At least five weeks of holiday time throughout course.
- Every Tuesday evening starting 23rd April 2019 At least five weeks of holiday time throughout course
- Every Tuesday evening starting 19th November 2019 At least five weeks of holiday time throughout course
- Every Tuesday evening starting 7th January 2020 At least five weeks of holiday time throughout course
- Every Wednesday evening starting 11th March 2020 – 13th January 2021 At least five weeks holiday time throughout course
We have taken care to ensure candidates can take holidays whilst on our Weekend and Evening Level 2 and 3 Courses due to the long-term, regular nature of classroom sessions in this format. Therefore, we have set pre-planned dates on which students will not be required to attend class – please contact us for the list.
Secure your place today with a deposit of £500.
Finished your Level 2 and Level 3 Diplomas? Take your NVQ Assessments with us! See the info here.
Book online here.
Please contact us with regard to pricing if you wish to place multiple candidates and/or have onsite training.