City & Guilds 2396 – Level 4 Design Course
The 2396 Design and Verification course is aimed at those that want to take their knowledge a little further, it has applications across the board from domestic to industrial.
The designing process will also give you a more complete understanding of other installations, from things like why a certain wiring route may have been used all the way through to why that specific cable type and wiring system was chosen. It also helps massively when testing as it will give you a different perspective on what may be going on behind the scenes.
There are two assessments involved in the course, one of which is a 3 hour written exam; the exam is open book and will be based on all of the things involved in the course. The other assessment will be a portfolio of work that needs to be completed, for this you will be asked to complete the electrical design for a full installation.
Every student who has taken this course with Erudite has enjoyed it; despite having a high level of knowledge already, they have all left having learned something new.
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations
- A working knowledge of Inspection and Testing
Books required for this course:
- Electrical Installation Design Guide: Calculations for Electricians and Designers, 4th Edition ISBN: 978-1-78561-471-2
- Guidance Note 3: Inspection & Testing ISBN: 978-1-78561-452-1
- On-Site Guide (BS 7671:2018) Wiring Regulations ISBN: 978-1-78561-442-2
- Requirements for Electrical Installations BS7671:2018 (IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition) ISBN-13: 978-1785611704
7 Mondays – £830 +VAT (£996) inc fees.
Next available course dates:
- 7 consecutive Mondays starting 29th March 2021
Secure your place today with a deposit of £156.
Book online here.
Please contact us with regard to pricing if you wish to place multiple candidates and/or have onsite training.