City & Guilds 2919 – Electric Vehicle Charging
The government is backing electric vehicle use in this country through grants and other incentives. More and more people are making the change to this eco-friendlier option. Over 10,000 EV charging points are required this year and the numbers are only going to grow. You will need to know how to install these in domestic, public and private business locations.
You are required to have experience of electrical installation or basic electrical knowledge in a similar field. This course is for those who wish to understand the practical and technical requirements of installing EV charging points and to prove their competence.
- Introduction to Electric Vehicles
- Characteristics, Charging requirements, Safety considerations
- Modes of charging – types and restrictions
- Electrical Installation Requirements
- Supply & Earthing
- Planning Permission and Explosive Atmospheres
- Protection, Labelling, Control, Risk assessment
- Commercial, Domestic and Public installations.
- Practical domestic and commercial installation
- Inspection, Testing, Certification and Handover
- Commissioning and DNO paperwork
- Risk Assessment
- Checks to made before and after installation
- Fault finding
- Practical Assessment
- On-line exam
Book Required for course:
- IET Code of Practice Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation 4th Ed. ISBN Number – 978-1-83953-180-4
- Guidance Note 3: Inspection & Testing: ISBN-13: 978-1785614521 to BS7671:2018
- On-site Guide BS7671:2018 Wiring Regulations: ISBN-13: 978-1785614422
- IET Wiring Regulations BS7671:2018 ISBN-13: 978-1785611704
You will also need the following kit:
- VDE 1000v rated insulated Electrical Screwdrivers and Side Cutters
- Safety boots
Tools are provided for the practical lessons; however, you may bring your own tools if they are VDE rated.
2 DAYS – £295 +VAT (£354) inc fees.
Next available course dates:
- Tuesday 2nd Nov & Wednesday 3rd November 2021
- Monday 13th Dec & Tuesday 14th December 2021
- Thursday 20th Jan & Friday 21st January 2022
Secure your place today with a deposit of £120.
Book online here.
Please contact us regarding the price if you wish to place multiple candidates and/or have onsite training.