Electric Vehicle Charging Course (City & Guilds 2919)
The government is backing electric vehicle use in this country through grants and other incentives. Over 10,000 EV charging points are required this year and you may wish to install some of these! You will need to know how to install these in domestic, public and private business locations.
This course is designed for qualified electricians who wish to understand the practical and technical requirements of installing EV charging points and to prove their competence.
- Introduction to Electric Vehicles
- Characteristics, Charging requirements, Safety considerations
- Modes of charging – types and restrictions
- Electrical Installation Requirements
- Supply & Earthing
- Planning Permission and Explosive Atmospheres
- Protection, Labelling, Control, Risk assessment
- Commercial, Domestic and Public installations.
- Practical domestic and commercial installation
- Inspection, Testing, Certification and Handover
- Commissioning and DNO paperwork
- Risk Assessment
- Checks to made before and after installation
- Fault finding
- Practical Assessment
- On-line exam
The 2919 Electric Vehicle Charging course is a one-day course, and you’ll need to be here with us from 9am – 5pm.
1 DAY – £270+VAT (£324) inc fees.
Price as of 1st March 2018: £275+VAT (£330). Book before to save!
Next available course dates
- Thursday 1st February 2018
- Thursday 8th March 2018
Secure your place today with a deposit of £120.
Book online here.
Please contact us regarding the price if you wish to place multiple candidates and/or have onsite training.