City & Guilds 2919 – Electric Vehicle Charging
The government is backing electric vehicle use in this country through grants and other incentives. Over 10,000 EV charging points are required this year and you may wish to install some of these! You will need to know how to install these in domestic, public and private business locations.
You are required to have experience of electrical installation or basic electrical knowledge in a similar field. This course is for those who wish to understand the practical and technical requirements of installing EV charging points and to prove their competence.
- Introduction to Electric Vehicles
- Characteristics, Charging requirements, Safety considerations
- Modes of charging – types and restrictions
- Electrical Installation Requirements
- Supply & Earthing
- Planning Permission and Explosive Atmospheres
- Protection, Labelling, Control, Risk assessment
- Commercial, Domestic and Public installations.
- Practical domestic and commercial installation
- Inspection, Testing, Certification and Handover
- Commissioning and DNO paperwork
- Risk Assessment
- Checks to made before and after installation
- Fault finding
- Practical Assessment
- On-line exam
Book Required for course:
- Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation, 3rd Edition (IET Standards). ISBN: 978-1-78561-680-8
2 DAYS – £275+VAT (£330) inc fees.
Next available course dates:
- Friday 12th – Monday 15th July 2019 Exam 1500 on 15th July
- Friday 15th – Monday 18th November 2019 Exam 1500 18th November
Secure your place today with a deposit of £120.
Book online here.
Please contact us regarding the price if you wish to place multiple candidates and/or have onsite training.