Electric Vehicle Charging Course (City & Guilds 2919)
The government is backing electric vehicle use in this country through grants and other incentives. Over 10,000 EV charging points are required this year and you may wish to install some of these! You will need to know how to install these in domestic, public and private business locations.
You are required to have experience of electrical installation or basic electrical knowledge in a similar field. This course is for those who wish to understand the practical and technical requirements of installing EV charging points and to prove their competence.
- Introduction to Electric Vehicles
- Characteristics, Charging requirements, Safety considerations
- Modes of charging – types and restrictions
- Electrical Installation Requirements
- Supply & Earthing
- Planning Permission and Explosive Atmospheres
- Protection, Labelling, Control, Risk assessment
- Commercial, Domestic and Public installations.
- Practical domestic and commercial installation
- Inspection, Testing, Certification and Handover
- Commissioning and DNO paperwork
- Risk Assessment
- Checks to made before and after installation
- Fault finding
- Practical Assessment
- On-line exam
You must bring the following book with you to class: Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation, 2nd Edition (IET Standards). ISBN: 978-1849198394
*** A new Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation, 3rd Edition is due to be published 31 August 2018 ***
2 DAYS – £275+VAT (£330) inc fees.
Next available course dates:
Fri 19th Oct & Mon 22nd October 2018 (exam 22nd Oct 3 – 4pm)
Secure your place today with a deposit of £120.
Book online here.
Please contact us regarding the price if you wish to place multiple candidates and/or have onsite training.