BS5266 Emergency Lighting and BS5839 Fire Alarm Systems
This bespoke course is for anyone who is going to design, install or commission emergency lighting and fire alarm systems. It covers the standards and relevant legislation critical to compliant working.
- Regulations, standards, and the need for emergency lighting
- Types of emergency lighting
- Design procedures
- Testing and servicing to BS5266-8
- Meeting the requirements of BS5839
- Risk assessments
- Commissioning testing and maintenance
- Completion of appropriate forms and certificates
- Categories of system servicing and maintenance
It is expected (though not essential) that you have successfully completed BS7671 Requirements for Electrical Installations (18th Edition) or have existing electrical knowledge prior to undertaking this course.
- Electrician’s Guide to Fire Detection and Fire Alarm Systems (Electrical Regulations) ISBN-13: 978-1785616747– to be published 30/06/2021
- Electrician’s Guide to Emergency Lighting (Electrical Regulations): ISBN-13: 978-1785616136
- IET Wiring Regulations BS7671:2018 ISBN-13: 978-1785611704
This is a bespoke course with a practical assessment and written exam and upon completion you will receive an in-house certificate from Erudite.
2 DAYS – £210 +VAT (£252) inc fees.
Next available course dates
- Monday 19th July & Tuesday 20th July 2021
Book online here.
Please contact us regarding the price if you wish to place multiple candidates and/or have onsite training.