NEW 2391 Inspection and Test
Mid-2017, City & Guilds released BIG changes to what were known as the 2394 and 2395 Inspection & Testing qualifications, replacing them with a new 2391-52 in which students study both Initial Verification and Periodic Inspection.
Another huge change this brings is that the examinations are now all open-book. This has brought a mix of both delight and worry from electricians out there – on one hand, the notoriously difficult course will now be easier to pass; great! But on the other, some electricians worry that we’ll be losing out on truly knowledgeable electrical inspectors. Fortunately, at Erudite we strive to teach a true understanding of the workings of a subject, and will be continuing to teach our 2391 in the same way we taught our 2394 & 2395, so you can be safe in the knowledge that not only will you find it easy to pass with us, but you’ll still have gained an immense amount of comprehension, confidence, and competence.
2391-52 Level 3 Award in Inspection and Testing
Often considered the next level of progression from the 2392 Fundamental Inspection and Test, the C&G 2391-52 Inspection & Testing course will cover both Initial Verification and Periodic Inspection & Test disciplines. This course combines both the 2391-50 (2394) and 2391-51 (2395) teaching you all aspects of Inspection and Testing as detailed below.
Initial Verification: Aimed at those working in the electrical contracting industry or allied trades, this course teaches the principles and practices of initial verification of electrical installations.
Period Inspection: For those that wish to be able to undertake Periodic Electrical Inspection and Testing on existing installations, students will go through the tests required to complete the Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) using relevant 17th Edition Regulations. Fault finding techniques will be taught through analysis of test results, leading to a practical exam in which candidates are required to find faults set by the examiner.
The assessments are as follows;
- Assessment type: Multiple-choice exam
Assessment conditions: Open book exam/Invigilated exam conditions
Grading: Pass/Fail Test: 2391-052 Duration: 120 minutes
- Practical Assessment (Initial Verification AND Periodic Inspection)
Books needed for the course are:
- Guidance Note 3: Inspection & Testing ISBN-13: 978-1849198738
- On-Site Guide BS7671:2008(2015) Wiring Regulations: ISBN-13: 978-1849198875
- IET Wiring Regulations (BS7671:2008 Incorporating Amendment Number 3:2015) ISBN-13: 978-1849197694
ALL THE ABOVE BOOKS CAN BE USED DURING EACH ASSESSMENT
Please bring your own VDE/1000V rated Insulated Screwdriver Set containing, as a minimum, a Philips 2, a 4mm slotted, and a terminal driver. You must also wear your own safety boots for practical lessons.
5 DAYS / 8 EVENINGS – £725+VAT (£870) inc fees.
Price as of 1st March 2018: £745+VAT (£894). Book before to save!
Following feedback from some of our students, we have decided to offer an optional practical-practice day at the end of our course. This day will usually take place on the day following the final course date, and costs £60+VAT (£72).
Next available course dates
- Monday 26th February – Friday 2nd March 2018 (Optional practice day Mon 5th March) Practical exam Wed 7th or Fri 9th March daytime. Online exam Wed 14th March evening.
- Monday 16th – Friday 20th April 2018 (Optional practice day Mon 23rd April) Practical exam Wed 25th or Fri 27th April daytime. Online exam Wed 2nd May evening.
- Monday 11th – Friday 15th June 2018 (Optional practice day Mon 18th June) Practical exam Wed 20th or Fri 22nd June daytime. Online exam Wed 27th June evening.
- Saturdays 14th Apr – 12th May 2018 (Optional practice day Sat 19th May) Practical exam Sat 26th May daytime. Online exam Sat 2nd June morning.
Secure your place today with a deposit of £175.
Book online here.
Please contact us with regard to pricing if you wish to place multiple candidates and/or have onsite training.